List of content
- Blockchain API and Web services
- Wallets API
- Open Source wallets
- Blockchain Explorers
- C++ Libraries
- PHP Libraries
- Ruby Libraries
- Python Libraries
- Java Libraries
- Scala Libraries
- .Net Libraries
- Blockchain dump
- Full nodes
- Additional Resources
- Nigiri – CLI to quickly fire up a a Bitcoin regtest box along with Electrs and Esplora. Includes faucet and push commands.
- Nigiri in Travis – Travis template for adding Nigiri to your Travis (or Github Action) pipeline.
- hal – Bitcoin CLI swiss-army-knife (based on rust-bitcoin).
- BitKey – Live USB for airgapped transactions and Bitcoin swiss army knife.
- Pycoin – Python-based Bitcoin and alt-coin utility library.
- bx – Bitcoin Command Line Tool.
- txwatcher – A little Python utility that lets you monitor Bitcoin addresses through Blockchain Websocket API and perform custom callbacks.
- hellobitcoin – A collection of simple programs which can generate bitcoin wallets, create and sign transactions, and send transactions over the bitcoin network.
- Mining visualization
- HD Wallet Scanner – Find all used addresses in your Bitcoin HD wallets bypassing gap limits.
- LibreSelery – Automated Bitcoin distribution to your project contributors and dependencies integrated into GitHub Actions.
Blockchain API and Web services
- Esplora – Self-hosted blockchain explorer.
- Coinbase Wallet
- Cashier-BTC – Self-hosted payment gateway.
- Chainradar API – Blockchain Explorer API for Chainradar.
- One-Time Address A better way to share your Bitcoin address.
Market Data API
- CoinMetrics.io JSON REST API (free as well as paid) with access to market data. Also CSV data file download available.
- Messari.io JSON REST API (free as well as paid) with access to market data, news, metrics, profile, etc.
Open Source Wallets
- Blockstream.info – Blockchain explorer with API (mainnet, testnet and Liquid).
- Bitcoin Transaction Explorer
- Bitkit – Real time transaction updates.
- Awesome CryptoCoinJS
- Bitcore Library
- BlockTrail SDK NodeJS
- BlockTrail SDK Python
- btctxstore – Simple library to store/retrieve information in bitcoin transactions using OP_RETURN.
- pybitcointools – Python library for Bitcoin signatures and transactions from Vitalik Buterin. Project discontinued.
- pycoin – Python library for Bitcoin keys, signatures, transactions. Includes full VM implementation and tools for manipulating keys (ku) and transactions (tx).
- bitcoin_tools – Python library for building and analyzing transactions and scripts (both standard and custom). Comes along with a UTXO set analysis tool. Includes several examples and exhaustive documentation.
- oogway – A secure Bitcoin utility library for Python.
Note that you can also use Scala libraries in Java.
- XChange – Library that provides a simple and consistent API for interacting with 50+ Bitcoin currency exchanges.
Note that you can also use Java libraries in Scala.
- Bitcoin-S – Scala/JVM toolkit for Bitcoin applications, includes Bitcoin data structures, transaction signing, strongly typed
bitcoind/Eclair RPC clients, and more.
- NBitcoinComprehensive Bitcoin library for the .NET framework.
- BitcoinLib – The most complete, up-to-date, battle-tested .net Library and RPC Wrapper for Bitcoin and Altcoins in C#.
- QBitNinja – An Open Source and powerful blockchain API.
- Script Playground
- Bitcoin IDE – Bitcoin Script for dummies.
- Debug Script Execution
- Script Debugger
- Bitcore Playground
- Mnemonic Code generator
- blockchain-demo – A web-based demonstration of blockchain concepts.
- Bitcoin Script Debugger – Visualize Bitcoin script execution for real transactions.
- WebBTC – These are postgres database dumps of the bitcoin-ruby-blockchain database generated by webbtc.com.
- BitcoinDatabaseGenerator – A high performance data transfer tool that can be used to copy data from Bitcoin Core blockchain files to a SQL Server database.
- Blockparser+SQL – Fast, quick and dirty bitcoin blockchain parser.
- BitcoinABE – Abe: block browser for Bitcoin and similar currencies.
- NBitcoin.Indexer – Scalable and fault-tolerant block chain indexer for Azure cloud platform.
- Blockchain2Graph – Graph Database Builder.
- btcd – Go-based full node since 2013.
- Bitcoin-ruby-node – bitcoin node based on bitcoin-ruby-blockchain.
- Bitcore Node – bitcoind linked to node.js by BitPay.
- Bitcore – Formerly just a Nodejs library, now a full node.
- A Gentle Introduction to Bitcoin Core Development
- Mastering Bitcoin
- Grokking Bitcoin – An in-depth technical book with rich illustrations.
- Bitcoin Stackexchange
- Elliptic Curve Cryptography A Gentle Introduction.
- Bitcoin Programming with BitcoinJS and Bitcoin Core CLI.
- Bitcoin Protocol Development Curriculum – Chaincode Labs.
- Lightning Network Protocol Development Curriculum – Chaincode Labs.
- btcinformation.org / Developer Documentation – Find useful resources, guides and reference material for developers.
- @lopp / Bitcoin Developers – Software developers who have experience working on Bitcoin implementations or applications.
- @lopp / Lightning Developers – Software developers with experience working on LN implementations / applications.
- Practical Bitcoin Info – Google Sheets.
- A brief history of Bitcoin development…
- bitcoin-resources.com Meta-list of Bitcoin resources, from books, articles, to podcasts.
- Jameson Lopp Bitcoin Resource List Very detailed curated Bitcoin resource list and meta-list by J. Lopp